Hello world! How are ya? I have been AWOL for a few weeks and I apologize. I have my reasons though (see quick life update below)! It’s been an exciting time but mainly May was just hectic and full of busy work.
Here’s a quick life update:
- I graduated! This past Mother’s Day (5/8), I officially became an alumnus of the University of Illinois at Chicago!
**Best present I could give my mom, in my opinion**
- I started a side project! I’m working with a Chicago non-profit with some website redesign work.
- I got a job! As of yesterday (6/6), I officially became an employee for the Chicago Tribune Media Group, which is now TRNC. I am an Inbound Advertising Representative. Sounds cool and sophisticated, doesn’t it? I’m a (income-earning) working gal again!
- I’m working on setting up a writing workshop for the Speculative Lit Foundation with director, Mary Anne Mohanraj. Details to come.
- I’ve celebrated everyone else graduating, birthdays, holidays, concerts, Book Expo America (!!!).
- I’ll be volunteering at Printer’s Row Lit Festival (will definitely post about this) and the Olympic Trials in St. Louis for Men’s Gymnastics; going on vacation and to Mamby on the Beach (will definitely post about this) and to as many Chicago neighborhood festivals and rooftops as I can.
This summer has a lot more going on than I thought but it sure will be fun!
Just wanted to quickly share my life update. I will be back to sharing work wisdom and Chicago outings soon though! I have tons to write about. Stay tuned.
P.S. The quote on my graduation cap is from One Tree Hill (watching the clip is highly recommended and a teeny bit required).